Conditional statements help you control the computer's actions. Learn how to use these statements.
- [Instructor] Often times when you're programming … you'll need to control the flow of your program's … execution and conditional statements can help you with that. … A conditional statement instructs the computer to perform … specific actions if specifics conditions are met. … For example say you wanted to build a program that asks … the user for whether it's raining … and if it is raining tells the user that they … need an umbrella. … Your program would look something like this. … In this cell, in the first line I created a variable … named raining and assigned it the users answer … to the question, is it raining? … Yes or no. … In the second and third lines I check if the user … responded yes and if they did you need an umbrella … gets printed out. … Now go ahead and run this cell. … And I'll act as a user. … I'm asked the question is it raining, yes or no? … Currently where I am it's not raining so I'll answer no. … And press enter. … And now if I print out raining, I get no. … Which is exactly what I answered. …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- What is Python?
- Strengths and benefits of Python
- Types of data
- Storing data using variables
- Built-in and custom functions
- Lists and tuples
- Conditional statements
- Iteration with loops
- Recursive functions
- Object-oriented programming
Skill Level Beginner
Learning the Python 3 Standard Librarywith Kathryn Hodge2h 9m Intermediate
Python Standard Library Essential Trainingwith Joe Marini2h 18m Intermediate
1. Defining Python
2. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Data
3. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Functions
4. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Sequences
5. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Conditional Statements
6. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Iteration
7. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Recursion
Define recursive functions6m 13s
8. Quick Intro to Object-Oriented Programming in Python
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.