If you are interested in diving into the world of programming and unsure how to get started, Python is a wonderful gateway. Learn what Python is.
- Python is a powerful programming language. … It's been around for some time, … but in the last 10 years, Python has grown … to be one of the most popular … programming languages available. … And Python is used for a lot of things, … including rapid application development, … as well as scripting. … Python Syntax is simple and easy to learn, … and it emphasizes readability, … which reduces the cost of program maintenance. … Python can be used to process text, … display numbers or images, … save data, make calculations and predictions, … and solve problems. … Also, Python is used behind the scenes … in the processes that allow you to see what you see … on your devices. … Programmers who love Python … are drawn to Python's productivity. … Python's implementation … allows for programmers to test and debug efficiently. … The popularity of Python has grown exponentially … and continues to grow. … Many web applications and platforms use Python, … including Google's search engine, YouTube, …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- What is Python?
- Strengths and benefits of Python
- Types of data
- Storing data using variables
- Built-in and custom functions
- Lists and tuples
- Conditional statements
- Iteration with loops
- Recursive functions
- Object-oriented programming
Skill Level Beginner
Learning the Python 3 Standard Librarywith Kathryn Hodge2h 9m Intermediate
Python Standard Library Essential Trainingwith Joe Marini2h 18m Intermediate
1. Defining Python
2. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Data
3. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Functions
4. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Sequences
5. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Conditional Statements
6. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Iteration
7. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Recursion
Define recursive functions6m 13s
8. Quick Intro to Object-Oriented Programming in Python
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.