Automate software testing with scripting. Learn how to write simple Python scripts to script API calls, reporting, test site prep, and more.
- [Dave] We all want to be good at our jobs. It's important for our careers and there's a lot of satisfaction doing something well. As a software tester, defining what it means to be good at your job is a difficult task. But one thing is certain. The world of software testing is rapidly changing. As you try to navigate the fast paced world of Agile testing, it's vitally important that you quickly and efficiently discover things about the product under test. Question is, how do you do that? Hi, and welcome to this course on scripting for testers. I'm Dave Westerveld, and I'll be your instructor.
Over the years I've learned a lot about testing. One of the things that has been essential in my growth as a tester was learning how to use scripting to help me move quickly. In fact, this course is built off many experiences I have had as a tester and ways that I've needed to use scripting to help me be better at my job. We've all heard about test automation. But what if I told you there's much more that you can do besides automate test scripts. I will show you how to use scripting to solve the difficult or boring problems of testing, and to help you stay relevant in a fast paced world of software development. There are many interesting ways to use scripting to enhance your testing powers.
And this course introduces you to ways that you can navigate and test the APIs, generate test reports and test data, explore products with web automation tools, and generate test data. As you learn these things you'll get an idea of how powerful scripting is and what you can use it for. So let's do this. Let's become testing super heroes.
- Driving API calls with scripting
- API authentication
- Parsing API data
- Automating reports with Google APIs
- Using the Google Charts and Sheets APIs
- Preparing test sites with Selenium WebDriver
- Analyzing test data with scripting
- Generating pseudo input data for testing