Learn how to automate your web UI testing with Python and Selenium.
- [Bhoomika] Welcome to Automating Web Testing with Python. I'm Bhoomika Agarwal, and I'm your pilot for this topic. Have you spent a large portion of your time manually testing your web UI? If yes, you should hop onto this flight. I'm a huge fan of test automation using Python Selenium for the simple reason that it's so easy to use and so powerful at the same time. The main problem with test automation is that its importance is underrated and its complexity is overrated.
Python Selenium breaks both these myths by giving you a very simple framework that can automation any web UI testing for you in a jiffy. You will see this for yourself, as you jump on board the plane and take off with me. We'll be covering locating elements, navigating through pages, user interaction, waits, and much more. Before you know it, you'll have arrived at your destination.
So let's get started.
- Identify the steps for installing Python.
- Recognize the browsers supported by Selenium.
- Explain how to find an element when a unique ‘id’ is not available.
- Understand the purpose of the “send_keys.”
- Recall which exception is raised when a function tries to locate an element not yet loaded into the DOM.