- [Instructor] Sometimes Python is referred to…as the batteries included language,…because it has a lot of functionality…built into it that in other languages,…you would ordinarily have to find…in a third party library or code yourself.…In this chapter, we'll take a look…at some of the built in functions…and how you can use them to save time…and get better performance in your applications.…You can see the full list of the built in functions…at this link in the Python documentation.…There are almost 70 of them, and they provide…a wide range of functionality.…
Now I'm now going to cover all of these,…but I will highlight the most important ones.…So let's jump over to our editor,…and in vscode in my built in functions chapter,…I'm going to open up the utilfuncs_start.py file,…and I have a list of values here in my main function.…And so let's start by taking a look…at the any and all functions.…So the any function will return true if any of the values…in a given sequence evaluate to Boolean true.…
So to use this on the list1 variable,…
- Truth value testing
- Template strings
- Advanced Python functions
- Advanced collections
- Advanced classes and objects
- Python comprehensions: list, dictionary, and set
Skill Level Advanced
1. Python Language Features
2. Built-In Functions
3. Advanced Python Functions
4. Advanced Collections
5. Advanced Classes and Objects
6. Using Logging
7. Python Comprehensions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.