The aim of this video is to create Spinbox widgets and to control the appearance of your Spinbox widgets.
- [Instructor] In the previous video, we looked at…customizing the properties of our tkinter window form.…In this video, we will use a Spinbox widget.…We will also bind the Enter key on the keyboard…to one of our widgets.…Them we'll control the appearance of our Spinbox widgets.…We're using our tab GUI and we'll add a Spinbox widget…above the scrolled text control.…This simply requires us to increment scroll text roll value…by one and to insert our new Spinbox control in the row…above the entry widget.…
I've opened a file names Spinbox.py.…Here, we first add the Spinbox control.…Place this code above the scrolled text widget.…How will our GUI get modified?…Let's check it out.…Notice how our new Spinbox control defaults to a width of 20…pushing out the column width of all controls in this column.…This is not what we want.…Also, we gave the widget a range from zero to 10.…
And it defaults to show the two equals 10 value…which is the highest value.…If we try to revers the from to range from 10 to zero,…tkinter does not like it.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
Python GUI Development with Tkinterwith Barron Stone4h 55m Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.