pyplot is a Matplotlib module that provides a MATLAB-like interface.
- [Instructor] Matplotlib is the plotting library … that is used quite a bit with Jupyter. … And pyplot is a module in that library. … We'll be using and learning about pyplot … in this chapter. … Matplotlib.pyplot is a state-based interface to matplotlib. … It provides a MATLAB-like way of plotting. … What this means is that pyplot … has a bunch of functions … and they're making changes to a figure. … As an example, … let's pick up where we left off in the last chapter. … Remember, we had this anomaly in the data … and it would be nice to know a little bit more … about why that number is so low … for February 15th. … Was there a big chunk of time where data is missing … or was it just monitoring less frequently? … It seems like the most likely reason … is that it just turned off for a period of time. … To solve this, the first thing we need to do … is to decide what do we want in a graph? … I'd like to know how many measurements there are … during that day broken up by hour. … I'm going to start a new Notebook …
- Running a Jupyter notebook
- Using shortcuts
- Line and cell commands
- Visualizing data with plotting
- Publishing Jupyter notebooks in GitHub
- Presenting your notebooks with the slideshow feature