The aim of this video is to improve the visual aspects of your GUI.
- [Instructor] Previously, we saw how we can arrange…various labels using the label frame Widget.…Our GUI is being created nicely, so far.…Next, we will improve the visual aspects…of our Widgets by adding a little space around them…so they can breathe.…In this video, we'll look at adding horizontal…and vertical spacing to our labels.…While tk enter might have had a reputation…for creating ugly GUIs,…this has dramatically changed…since version 8.5, which ships…with Python 3.4.x.…
You just have to know how to use the tools…and techniques that are available.…That's what we will do next.…The procedural way of adding spacing around Widgets…is shown first, and then we will use a loop…to achieve the same thing in a much better way.…Our label frame looks a bit tight…as it blends into the main window towards the bottom.…Let's fix this now.…We will modify this line of code…by adding padx=20 and pady=40.…
And now, when we check, we see that our label frame…got some breathing space.…In tk enter, adding space horizontally and vertically…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.