Global variables can be very useful when programming small applications. They can help to make the data available across methods and functions within the same Python module. You can check how to do it.
- [Instructor] Previously, we used StringVar variables…to capture data.…This video deals with using global variables.…We'll define a global variable and print its value.…Then, we'll introduce a function to print the same value.…After that, we'll define a local global variable…in the function, and see that it overrides…the global variable we defined earlier.…We'll then find a way to overcome this roadblock.…Okay, let's jump right in.…
Encapsulation is a major strength…in any programming language…that enables us to program using OOP.…Python is both OOP and procedural.…We could create global variables…that are localized to the module they reside in.…They are global only to this module…which is one form of encapsulation.…Why do we want this?…Because, as we add more and more functionality…to our GUI, we want to avoid naming conflicts…which could result in bugs in our code.…
We do not want naming clashes creating bugs in our code.…Name spaces are one way to avoid these bugs…and in Python, we could do this by using Python modules…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.