The aim of this video is to use Tkinter built-in dialog widgets to copy files from your local hard drive to a network location.
- [Instructor] In the previous video,…we looked at how to pass queues among different modules.…This video shows us how to copy files to your network.…We will use one of Python's TkInter built-in…dialog widgets to copy files from our…local hard drive to a network location.…As most of us are not connected to the…same local area network, we simulate the copying,…by backing up our code to a different local folder.…This video also shows us how to…make Entry widgets read-only,…and to default our entry to a specified location…which speeds up the browsing of our hard drive.…
We will extend tab two of the GUI…we have been building in the previous videos.…How to do it?…We'll add a code to our GUI…in the createwidgets method,…towards the bottom where we created…tab control two, just above the menu bar.…The parent of the new widget frame is tab two,…which we've created at the very beginning…of the createwidgets method.…As long as you place the code shown…physically below the creation of tab two, it will work.…
When you run this code, it will add two buttons,…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.