Design patterns are a very exciting tool in your software development toolbox. Learn how to incorporate them in your code.
- [Instructor] In the previous video,…we saw when not to use OOP.…We're now discussing how to use design patterns.…In this video, we will create widgets…for our Python GUI by using the factory design pattern.…In previous videos, we created our widgets…either manually, one at a time,…or dynamically, in a loop.…Using the factory design pattern,…we will use the factory to create our widgets.…
We will create a Python GUI which has three buttons,…each having different styles.…Towards the top of our Python GUI module,…just below the import statements,…we create several classes.…We create a base class,…which our different button style classes inherit from,…and in which each of them overrides the relief…and foreground configuration properties.…
All subclasses inherit the getButtonConfig method.…From this base class, this method returns a tuple.…We also create a ButtonFactory class…and a list that holds the names of our button subclasses.…We name the list buttonTypes…as our factory will create different types of buttons.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.