This video shows how you can easily read entire web pages by using Python's built-in modules.
- [Narrator] Last time, we saw how…to use TCP/IP to communicate via networks.…This video shows how we can easily read…entire webpages by use of Python's built in modules.…We will display the webpage, data first,…in its raw format and then decode it…and then we will display it in our GUI.…We will read the data from a webpage…and then display it in the ScrolledText…widget of our GUI.…How to do it?…First, we create a new Python module and name it URL.py.…
We then import the required functionality…to read webpages using Python.…We can do this in very few lines of code.…We are wrapping our code in a Try Except block,…similar to Java and C#.…This is a modern approach to coding which Python supports.…Whenever we have code that might not complete…we can experiment with this code…and if it works all is fine.…If the block of code in the Try Except block does not work,…the Python interpreter will throw…one of several possible exceptions which we then can catch.…
Once we have caught the exception…we can decide what to do next.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.