In order to update data you have previously inserted into your MySQL database tables, you use the SQL UPDATE command. This video will take us through it.
- [Instructor] Last time, we saw how to insert data.…Here, we'll see how to update the data.…In this video, we'll retrieve existing data…from our database and database tables…we created in earlier videos.…We'll then insert data into the tables…and update our data using the SQL UPDATE command.…This video will use the code from the previous video,…video, explain it in more detail,…and then extend the code to update our data.…
In order to update data, we have previously inserted…into our MySQL database tables,…we use the SQL UPDATE command.…How to do it?…Comment out the lines we uncommented…in the previous video,…and modify the show data like so.…This will display the data to be modified.…Running the code creates the following result.…We might not agree with the Gang of Four,…so let's change their famous programming quote.…
The Gang of Four are the four authors…who created the world famous book called Design Patterns,…which strongly influenced our entire software industry…to recognize, think, and code…using software design patterns.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
Python GUI Development with Tkinterwith Barron Stone4h 55m Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.