This video will show the Python code to create and drop MySQL databases and tables, as well as how to display the existing databases, tables, columns, and data of your MySQL instance.
- [Narrator] In the previous video we looked…at designing the Python GUI database.…Let's see how to use the SQL insert command.…In this video we will create a My SQL database,…establish a connection to it, and then…create two tables that hold the data…for a favorite book or journal quotation.…This video presents the entire Python code…that shows you how to create and drop my SQL databases…and tables as well as how to display the existing databases,…tables, columns, and data for our My SQL instance.…
After creating the database and tables, we will insert data…into the two tables we are creating in this video.…We are using a primary to foreign key relationship…to connect the data of the two tables.…We will go into the details of how this works…in the following two videos where we modify…and delete the data in our My SQL database.…This video builds on the My SQL database we created…in the previous video, and also shows you how to drop…and recreate the GuiDB.…
Dropping the database, of course, deletes all data…the database had in its tables, so we will also show you…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.