While deleting data might at first sight sound trivial, once you get a rather large database design in production, things might not be that easy any more.
- In the previous video, we looked at using…the SQL Update command.…This video will take us through using the Delete command.…We will trigger cascading deletes in this video…by designing our database via primary…to foreign key relationships.…In this video, we will use the SQL Delete command…to delete the data we created in the previous videos.…While deleting data, at first sight, sound trivial,…once we get rather large database design in production…things might not be that easy anymore.…
Because we have designed our GUI database…by relating two tables via a primary foreign key relation,…when we delete certain data…we do not end up with orphan records,…because this database design takes care…of cascading deletes.…In order to show how to create orphan records,…we will have to change the design…of one of the database tables.…We kept our database design simple…by using only two database tables.…While this works when we delete data,…there's always a chance of ending up with orphan records.…
What this means is that we delete data in one table…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
Python GUI Development with Tkinterwith Barron Stone4h 55m Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.