When you created an instance of a wxPython GUI from your Tkinter GUI, you could no longer use the Tkinter GUI controls until you closed the one instance of the wxPython GUI. You can improve on this.
- [Instructor] In the last video, we embedded our GUIs.…In this video, we will explore ways…to control the tkinter in wxPython GUI frameworks…from Python.…We'll use threading…from the tkinter button callback function.…While the code will run smoothly,…we'll encounter an error.…When we try close our GUIs, we'll then see…how to overcome this error.…We have already used the Python threading module…to keep our GUI responsive in the previous section.…
So here, we will attempt to use the same approach.…Things don't always work in a way that would be intuitive.…However, we will improve our tkinter GUI…from being unresponsive while we invoke an instance…of the wxPython GUI from within it.…This video will extend the previous video…in which we tried to embed a main wxPython GUI…into our tkinter GUI.…How to do it?…When we created an instance of a wxPython GUI…from our tkinter GUI, we could no longer use…the tkinter GUI controls until we closed the one instance…of the wxPython GUI.…
Let's improve on this now.…Our first attempt might be to use threading…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.