OpenCV provides easy access to video feeds, enabling applications to provide realtime processing, and can even display the processed video output. In a realtime applications, the video feed is tapped for an image at the start of a repeating loop, which represents the actual image processing to occur. If you're having trouble accessing a live video stream, raw image sequence files are available for any future modules utilizing live video feeds.
- [Instructor] OpenCV provides easy access to video feeds,…enabling applications to provide real-time processing…and even display the processed video output.…In a real-time application, the video feed is tapped…for an image at the start of a repeating loop…which represents the actual image processing to occur.…If you are having trouble accessing…a live stream video in this module,…you could also import a raw image sequence…and simply load a new image on each iteration of the loop.…To begin, as always, we will import numpy as np…and import cv2.…
Next we're going to capture or request…from the operating system to use the camera.…We can do this by naming the variable…cap = cv2.VideoCapture and then we're going to specify…a zero argument input that indicates continuous.…Note that this abstracts a lot of the…under the hood operations that the operating system…and OpenCV do in order to decide…what camera to use if there are multiple,…and how to handle passing frames into OpenCV.…Thankfully, we do not have to worry about that.…
AuthorPatrick W. Crawford
- Installing and configuring OpenCV
- Data types and structures
- Image types
- Manipulating pixels
- Scaling and rotating images
- Using video inputs
- Creating custom interfaces
- Object detection
- Face and feature detection
- Template matching
Skill Level Intermediate
Python: Programming Efficientlywith Michele Vallisneri2h 15m Intermediate
NumPy Data Science Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly3h 54m Intermediate
1. Install and Configure OpenCV
2. Basic Image Operations
3. Object Detection
4. Face and Feature Detection
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.