Join Jungwoo Ryoo for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding Pattern context, part of Python: Design Patterns.
- To use design patterns effectively,…you need to know the context in which…the design patterns work best.…It is also important to know…what is used to describe the design pattern context.…A pattern context consists of the following:…participants,…quality attributes,…forces,…and consequences.…Participants refer to…the classes involved to form a design pattern.…These classes involved in the design pattern,…they play a different roles to accomplish…the goals of the design pattern.…
Quality attributes refer to…these nonfunctional requirements…such as usability, modifiability,…reliability, performance, and so on.…Quality attributes have an impact…on the entire software,…and these quality attributes are typically addressed…only by the architectural solutions.…Forces are various factors or trade-offs…you consider when you're trying to adopt…a particular design pattern.…These forces are typically manifested in quality attributes…such as modifiability, usability, reliability,…performance, etc.…
If you don't reason about these forces very well…
- Understanding design patterns
- Best design practices: consistency, completeness, and correctness
- Working with creational patterns
- Working with structural patterns
- Working with behavioral patterns
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the strategy pattern example, why does the code keep executing the default function rather than the alternate?
A: The programming demonstration skips the step of defining what the strategy pattern should be when an alternate function name is provided
as an argument as shown below.
Programming Foundations: Design Patternswith Elisabeth Robson2h 19m Intermediate
1. Understanding Design Patterns
2. Creational Patterns
3. Structural Patterns
4. Behavioral Patterns
5. Design Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.