Learn some of the many operations (methods) that are available for you in NumPy arrays. You can look into operations such as transposing, truth values, sum product and more. Also learn how to save an array to disk and load it back.
- [Instructor] Apart from math operations and slicing,…there are many other things that numpy arrays can do.…In python, when we want to see what attributes…and methods are in an object,…we use the built in dir command.…So let's create a vector.…V equals np arrange of 12.…And let's reshape it again…to be four rows and three columns.…Now we can do dir of v.…And we get a long list of attributes…that this vector has.…Attributes that start with two underscores…have a special naming in python.…
We call them dunder methods.…Dunder stands for double underscore.…We usually ignore them.…For example, when I type v and hit tab in Jupyter,…v dot and then tab, Jupyter…won't show me these dunder methods.…Let's talk about solve these attributes.…When we do, the dot t attribute,…it will return the transport of the matrix.…Basically flip a key in the diagonal.…There are also v dot any, and v dot all.…V dot any return true if one element is true.…
As a reminder, everything in python is true except…for zero value numbers, empty collections, none,…
- Working with Jupyter notebooks
- Using code cells
- Extensions to the Python language
- Markdown cells
- Editing notebooks
- NumPy basics
- Broadcasting, array operations, and ufuncs
- Folium and Geo
- Machine learning with scikit-learn
- Plotting with matplotlib and bokeh
- Branching into Numba, Cython, deep learning, and NLP
Skill Level Intermediate
NumPy Data Science Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly3h 54m Intermediate
1. Scientific Python Overview
2. The Jupyter Notebook
3. NumPy Basics
Manage environments5m 11s
6. Folium and Geo
7. NY Taxi Data
10. Other Packages
11. Development Process
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.