Join Jungwoo Ryoo for an in-depth discussion in this video Types of design patterns, part of Python: Design Patterns.
- There are mainly three different types of design patterns.…One is Creational, the other is Structural,…and another one is Behavioral.…The Creational design patterns are mainly used…to create objects in a systematic way.…The main benefit behind these Creational Patterns…lies in its flexibility.…For example, different subtypes of objects…from the same classes can be created at runtime…when you use these Creational Patterns.…
Structural Patterns are used to establish…these useful relationships between…software elements or components…in certain settings or configurations.…The goal here is mainly to accomplish…certain functional or nonfunctional requirements.…Therefore, these efforts to accomplish…these different goals typically lead to…different structures implemented in Structural Patterns.…Behavioral Patterns are the best practices…of how you make your objects interact with each other.…
The focus here is really defining the protocols…in between these objects when they're trying to…work together to accomplish a common goal.…
- Understanding design patterns
- Best design practices: consistency, completeness, and correctness
- Working with creational patterns
- Working with structural patterns
- Working with behavioral patterns
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the strategy pattern example, why does the code keep executing the default function rather than the alternate?
A: The programming demonstration skips the step of defining what the strategy pattern should be when an alternate function name is provided
as an argument as shown below.
Programming Foundations: Design Patternswith Elisabeth Robson2h 19m Intermediate
1. Understanding Design Patterns
2. Creational Patterns
3. Structural Patterns
4. Behavioral Patterns
5. Design Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.