Categorizing data into different types helps you organize information and solve problems. Learn the main data types in Python.
- Often times when you're programming, … you'll be tasked with answering a specific question. … So to answer a question through coding, … you transform the information that you have access to. … Now, keep in mind information is also known as data, … and you can transform this data in a way … that addresses the question at hand. … Now, a lot of data might be available … and it can be a little overwhelming to look at. … So how do you navigate all this data … and determine which pieces of data … are useful for your task? … Well you do this by categorizing … the data into different types, … which helps you stay organized … so you can complete your task. … I'm going to help you learn the main types of data … and how they're written in Python. … Let's begin with Booleans. … Booleans are used to represent truth values. … A Boolean can have a value of either true or false. … And in Python the datatype of a Boolean is written as bool. … Next let's talk about integers. … Integers in programming are like integers in math. …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- What is Python?
- Strengths and benefits of Python
- Types of data
- Storing data using variables
- Built-in and custom functions
- Lists and tuples
- Conditional statements
- Iteration with loops
- Recursive functions
- Object-oriented programming
Skill Level Beginner
Learning the Python 3 Standard Librarywith Kathryn Hodge2h 9m Intermediate
Python Standard Library Essential Trainingwith Joe Marini2h 18m Intermediate
1. Defining Python
2. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Data
3. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Functions
4. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Sequences
5. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Conditional Statements
6. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Iteration
7. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Recursion
Define recursive functions6m 13s
8. Quick Intro to Object-Oriented Programming in Python
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.