A tuple is another commonly used sequence. Learn how to create tuples in Python.
- When working with collections of data, … you might encounter a situation where you want to store … some information in a sequence … and ensure that the sequence is not changed afterwards. … Say you're given a task … involving a set of children's birth information. … For each child, you have their first name, … the hospital where they were born, their birth city, … their birth state, their birth country, … their date of birth and their time of birth. … You want to store the birth information of each child … in a sequence. … Now, say all the information you have is accurate … and you correctly create a sequence … containing a child's birth information. … Most likely, you will not need to change … that sequence later on. … In fact, you do not want that sequence … to be tampered with or altered, … so you need to use a sequence … that cannot be changed after creation. … Don't worry, Python has a type of sequence … that helps you do this easily and it's called a tuple. … A tuple has a specific order and the items in a tuple …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- What is Python?
- Strengths and benefits of Python
- Types of data
- Storing data using variables
- Built-in and custom functions
- Lists and tuples
- Conditional statements
- Iteration with loops
- Recursive functions
- Object-oriented programming
Skill Level Beginner
Learning the Python 3 Standard Librarywith Kathryn Hodge2h 9m Intermediate
Python Standard Library Essential Trainingwith Joe Marini2h 18m Intermediate
1. Defining Python
2. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Data
3. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Functions
4. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Sequences
5. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Conditional Statements
6. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Iteration
7. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Recursion
Define recursive functions6m 13s
8. Quick Intro to Object-Oriented Programming in Python
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.