In this video, discover why text needs to be mined and the kinds of analytics that are derived from it.
- [Instructor] One of the fastest growing areas … in the field of analytics and machine learning … is text processing and analytics. Why? … More and more data generated today is free text. … New technological advances … are generating humongous amounts of text data. … The internet today contains a number of blogs, … reviews, comments, notes, and other text-based facts. … Social media is generating millions of messages every day … in the form of messages, tweets, hashtags, and references. … Computer software generates log messages … and audit trails that need to be looked at. … Emails are another form of text data. … In addition, other media like audio and video … are transcribed as text. … The need to analyze and understand text data … is growing every day. … Businesses want to automatically mine insights … from text data and use them for business actions. … But, processing text possesses various unique challenges. … Text data is many times in volume than numeric data. … Also, text does not have a fixed structure or schema …
- Text mining today
- Reading text files using Python
- Cleansing text data
- Build n-grams databases for text predictions
- Preparing TF-IDF matrices for machine learning
- Scaling text processing for performance