Testing is important to make sure your code behaves correctly and that new changes don’t break old code. You can learn some best practices for testing and talk on how you can uses a continuous integration (CI) system like Jenkins in your development proce
- [Instructor] Another essential part…of your process should be testing.…Testing ensures that your code behaves…the way it's supposed to,…and that we didn't break one thing…while fixing another or adding a new feature.…There are many types of tests.…Unit tests, regression tests,…acceptance tests, functional tests,…stress tests, fahzers, and many other.…You don't have to be a testing expert.…Pick the areas in your code you think are most important…and test them.…Tests also have a downside.…It takes time to write them,…and every time we change our code,…we also need to change some tests.…
We say that tests add mass to the code…and make changes more difficult.…I say that testing is a balancing act…between pain and gain.…The pain is how many tests you write.…The gain is the cost of an error in your code.…If we're writing an internal app for a company bugs,…as unpleasant as they are, are not that critical…and are easier to fix.…However, if we're writing software…that peoples' lives depend on it,…a software that will run on a device on Mars,…
- Working with Jupyter notebooks
- Using code cells
- Extensions to the Python language
- Markdown cells
- Editing notebooks
- NumPy basics
- Broadcasting, array operations, and ufuncs
- Folium and Geo
- Machine learning with scikit-learn
- Plotting with matplotlib and bokeh
- Branching into Numba, Cython, deep learning, and NLP
Skill Level Intermediate
NumPy Data Science Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly3h 54m Intermediate
1. Scientific Python Overview
2. The Jupyter Notebook
3. NumPy Basics
Manage environments5m 11s
6. Folium and Geo
7. NY Taxi Data
10. Other Packages
11. Development Process
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.