To check that OpenCV is successfully installed and configured with Python, test the library. This video also covers other available installation troubleshooting and resources. Installations may vary by system—it may be prudent to check other online sources for any other special configurations.
- [Man] Now that we've gone through the process…of installing OpenCV, let's test that…we can successfully import it and run it with Python 3.…To do this, enter the Python 3 environment of your choice.…In this case, because I'm on Mac OS X,…I'm going to go up to Spotlight, and open up my terminal.…Then, I'm going to type Python 3,…and enter the Python runtime environment.…If you used a virtual environment wrapper,…be sure to use the environment symlink that was created.…To test that the install was successful,…we're going to run two imports.…
Firstly, import NumPy.…And we can see the version of NumPy installed…using dot, underscore, underscore,…version, underscore, underscore.…We see that it pointed out the 1.13.1 version of NumPy.…The fact that there were no errors…when NumPy was imported shows that it was successful.…Similarly, we are going to test the CV2 import.…Which is the link, or the library name,…for the OpenCV 3 module.…
Note that CV2 is actually a slight misnomer.…Because when we type CV2 dot, underscore, underscore…
AuthorPatrick W. Crawford
- Installing and configuring OpenCV
- Data types and structures
- Image types
- Manipulating pixels
- Scaling and rotating images
- Using video inputs
- Creating custom interfaces
- Object detection
- Face and feature detection
- Template matching
Skill Level Intermediate
NumPy Data Science Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly3h 54m Intermediate
Python: Programming Efficientlywith Michele Vallisneri2h 15m Intermediate
1. Install and Configure OpenCV
2. Basic Image Operations
3. Object Detection
4. Face and Feature Detection
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.