In this video, discover the concept of a term frequency-inverse document frequency table.
- In this video, we will look at … a popular text-mining technique called … term frequency-inverse document frequency, … or TF-IDF. … A number of machine learning algorithms … do not work on text values. … They only work on numeric features. … This means text needs to be converted … to an equivalent numeric representation … to do machine learning. … TF-IDF is a technique to convert text … to a numeric table representation. … TF-IDF outputs a table. … In this table, each row represents … a document in the corpus. … Each column represents a word in the corpus. … Each cell in the table provides a value … that indicates the relative strength of the word … with respect to the document. … A higher value indicates higher correlation … between the word and the document. … How do we do TF-IDF? … Let's say we have a corpus of three documents. … Each document is a simple sentence as shown here. … We first do text cleansing described in the previous chapter … to arrive at a clean corpus as shown here. …
- Text mining today
- Reading text files using Python
- Cleansing text data
- Build n-grams databases for text predictions
- Preparing TF-IDF matrices for machine learning
- Scaling text processing for performance
Skill Level Intermediate
Processing Text with R Essential Trainingwith Kumaran Ponnambalam55m 57s Intermediate
1. Text Mining
2. Reading Text
3. Text Cleansing and Extraction
4. Advanced Text Processing
5. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.