Join Jungwoo Ryoo for an in-depth discussion in this video Strategy, part of Python: Design Patterns.
- The Strategy pattern offers a family of…interchangeable algorithms to a client.…The problem we often see is that there is a need…for dynamically changing the behavior of an object.…So we offer our Strategy class with its default behavior.…When there is a need, we provide another variation…of the Strategy class by dynamically replacing…its default method with a new one.…
Python allows adding methods dynamically…by importing the types module.…
- Understanding design patterns
- Best design practices: consistency, completeness, and correctness
- Working with creational patterns
- Working with structural patterns
- Working with behavioral patterns
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the strategy pattern example, why does the code keep executing the default function rather than the alternate?
A: The programming demonstration skips the step of defining what the strategy pattern should be when an alternate function name is provided
as an argument as shown below.
1. Understanding Design Patterns
2. Creational Patterns
3. Structural Patterns
4. Behavioral Patterns
5. Design Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.