Join Jungwoo Ryoo for an in-depth discussion in this video State, part of Python: Advanced Design Patterns.
- There are many amazing things happening around us…all the time, even in real life situations.…The metamorphosis of an insect comes to mind.…Think of dragonflies, they spend most of their…lives underwater, hunting small fish,…and walking on the bottom of a pond.…When the right time comes, an incredible thing happens,…they transform themselves into a beautiful dragonflies,…and leave their former selves behind.…
In the world of object-oriented programming,…we also run into similar situations.…Imagine a scenario in which you need to transform…objects, especially in terms of their behavior,…when their internal state changes.…For example, an Automatic Teller Machine,…or ATM, needs to exhibit different behaviors…when its internal state changes.…One such scenario is when it runs out of money.…
Normally, the ATM dispenses money if a user provides…appropriate credentials, and a reasonable money amount.…The same ATM machine needs to behave entirely differently…when there is no money to dispense.…That is, it will display a warning message to the user,…
- Architectural vs. design patterns
- Why use design patterns?
- Design best practices
- Domain-specific patterns and security patterns
- Gang of Four design patterns
- Command, Mediator, and State
- Template method
Skill Level Advanced
1. Understanding Design Patterns: Review
2. Design Best Practices
3. Gang of Four (GoF) Patterns, Part 1
4. Gang of Four (GoF) Patterns, Part 2
Next steps1m 26s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.