- Now that I've combined all of my friends…into one massive set, I need to start narrowing down…who I'm going to invite over for the game night.…A good place to start narrowing down my set…would be to determine who actually lives nearby.…And since I'm making these plans kind of last-minute,…I should remove all of my friends…who live in far away zip codes.…Here's the set representing all of the people…with the same zip code as me, meaning they live nearby.…If I overlay the set of all my friends,…you can see that some of my friends…have the same zip code as me, and others don't.…So they must live far away.…
To get the set of just my local friends,…I can use the intersection operation,…which will return a set of items…which exist in both the local set,…and the set of all my friends.…That cut out quite a few friends,…but we've still got a ways to go.…Settlers of Catan is only a four-player game,…so I'll need to whittle down this to just three other people…to invite over to play with me.…I see Bill just tweeted that he invited over a few friends…
- Reusing functions
- Local vs. global variables
- Creating and naming custom objects
- Class inheritance
- Modules and packages
- Multidimensional lists and tuples
- Queues and stacks
- Creating and combining sets
- Storing data in dictionaries
- If/else and switch statements
- For vs. while loops
- Error handling
- Polling and event-driven programming
Skill Level Beginner
3. Class Inheritance
4. Modules and Packages
5. Lists and Tuples
6. Queues and Stacks
9. Conditional Execution
11. Error Handling
12. Polling and Event-Driven Programming
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.