- [Instructor] I'll start by importing packages,…loading my data set, and applying…the transformation to the data.…There are two simple ways to plot the distribution…of time of day, group by day.…The first one is to loop over days,…which we find conveniently listed…in the categories of the day or week variable.…This is the variable and this are the categories,…and the cat for categorical and categories.…
So I can assign these to an array, loop over the array,…down select messages,…choose the time of day column and then plot.…We'll do a density.…I can also add a nice legend.…
The other way is to use Panda's data frame group by.…Again, select the column time of day and plot.…The result is the same.…Here, we see, for instance, that on Saturday,…I have a bout of productivity in the morning…and on Sundays, I start feeling guilty after dinner…about an assert messages.…
- Installing and setting up Python
- Importing and cleaning data
- Visualizing data
- Describing distributions and categorical variables
- Using basic statistical inference and modeling techniques
- Bayesian inference
Skill Level Intermediate
R Statistics Essential Trainingwith Barton Poulson5h 59m Intermediate
SPSS Statistics Essential Trainingwith Barton Poulson4h 57m Beginner
1. Installation and Setup
2. Importing and Cleaning Data
3. Visualizing and Describing Data
4. Introduction to Statistical Inference
5. Introduction to Statistical Modeling
Next steps1m 55s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.