Join Michele Vallisneri for an in-depth discussion in this video ✓ Solution: Explaining baby weight at birth, part of Python Statistics Essential Training.
- [Instructor] I hope you enjoy your experimentation.…Let me evaluate the entire notebook.…You may have found another solution,…but I was able to improve on our best model so far…by going beyond the linear dependence on age five surviving…and adding a quadratic term.…
I will use my code and replace the formula.…The cross validation means Quintero is about .94.…If you were not able to guess the right syntax…for adding a power to the formula,…you could have done it differently…by adding a new column to the data.…You could have written g data age five surviving squared…is g data age five surviving to the second power.…
This warning is not a problem…since we don't need to modify the original…gap minder data frame, but just the subset we're using.…
- Installing and setting up Python
- Importing and cleaning data
- Visualizing data
- Describing distributions and categorical variables
- Using basic statistical inference and modeling techniques
- Bayesian inference
Skill Level Intermediate
SPSS Statistics Essential Trainingwith Barton Poulson4h 57m Beginner
R Statistics Essential Trainingwith Barton Poulson5h 59m Intermediate
1. Installation and Setup
2. Importing and Cleaning Data
3. Visualizing and Describing Data
4. Introduction to Statistical Inference
5. Introduction to Statistical Modeling
Next steps1m 55s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.