Before you get your hands dirty, you will need to set up your environment. This video walks you through the process.
- [Narrator] So, you might be wondering. … Where do you write code and actually see the magic happen? … Well, you do this is in an environment that's built … for coding. … Now, there are a lot of platforms out there … and each one provides a unique coding environment. … And the more you talk to programmers, … the more you'll hear strong feelings towards one platform … or another. … But what's important to understand here is that … all platforms will allow you to code … and apply the skills you're learning in this course. … The platform I'm using is called Jupyter Notebook. … Which is available at jupyter.org. … Now, this is a powerful platform … and you'll see me using it throughout this course. … So, let's go ahead and set up your environment. … You can open a new tab. … And I'll start at Google. … And type in … "anaconda distribution". … You'll want to use the first link that shows up. … So I'm on the Anaconda Distribution website, … and I'm going to scroll down to see the latest version …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- What is Python?
- Strengths and benefits of Python
- Types of data
- Storing data using variables
- Built-in and custom functions
- Lists and tuples
- Conditional statements
- Iteration with loops
- Recursive functions
- Object-oriented programming
Skill Level Beginner
Learning the Python 3 Standard Librarywith Kathryn Hodge2h 9m Intermediate
Python Standard Library Essential Trainingwith Joe Marini2h 18m Intermediate
1. Defining Python
2. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Data
3. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Functions
4. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Sequences
5. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Conditional Statements
6. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Iteration
7. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Recursion
Define recursive functions6m 13s
8. Quick Intro to Object-Oriented Programming in Python
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.