In this video, learn about Jinja2 and Flask. The author shows you how to set up a Flask server; how to use templates; and how to respond to simple API requests.
- [Instructor] The last package that I wish to discuss…in this chapter is Flask, a leading web microframework.…With this password, the Flask author suggests…that their package realizes a minimalistic approach…to implementing web applications,…namely web servers that respond to structured queries.…I like Flask for the simplicity,…for it's straightforward programming interface,…and for it's clear documentation;…however, the package does not quite scale up…to production servers that need to entertain heavy loads,…but it's very good for prototyping.…
In this video, we make a simple Flask server,…that when given a margin date,…returns one of our stereographs taken on that date.…We cannot run Flask within the Jupyter notebook,…but we use the notebook…to write out a separate battle script,…and we run it from the shell.…Let me import all the packages used in this chapter.…As you can see,…I have already started up a Python module…with code to make stereographs,…which I've taken from the last few videos.…The Python magic file will write itself out…
- Designing efficient loops
- Exploiting Python collections
- Writing Pythonic code
- Choosing the best libraries for your tasks
- Downloading webpages with requests
- Parsing HTML with Beautiful Soup
- Manipulating images with Pillow
- Making videos and drawing on maps with matplotlib
- Serving webpages with Jinja2 and Flask
- Working with Python classes
- Taking advantage of functional techniques
- Profiling CPU and memory use
- Exploiting parallelism
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Python Web Penetration Testingwith Christian Martorella2h 49m Intermediate
1. Installation and Setup
Jupyter notebooks3m 19s
2. Writing Python Efficiently
3. Exploiting Python Libraries
4. Advanced: Python Object-Oriented and Functional Programming
5. Introduction to Performance Optimization in Python
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.