Join Barron Stone for an in-depth discussion in this video Reverse lookup issues, part of Programming Foundations: Real-World Examples.
- I'm all done calling all my friends to invite them over.…(ringing)…And now somebody's calling me…but I don't recognize this number…and I don't like to answer the phone…if I don't know who's calling.…Maybe I can find them in my Rolodex…except my Rolodex is organized alphabetically…so that given a person's name,…I can very quickly find their phone number…but it's not designed to work in the other direction.…Right now I have a phone number…and I want to find a corresponding name…but there's not an efficient way…to do an inverse lookup with the Rolodex…so the best I can do…is manually search through each card…until I find the number that I'm looking for.…
And it better be quick before this person hangs up.…Ah, it's my dad.…I'll answer that call.…Hey dad.…Oh, sorry mom.…I thought it was dad because of the phone number.…Oh, I forgot that you and dad…share the same phone number at your house.…That explains it.…I had separate cards in my Rolodex for you and dad…and both of those cards…have the same phone number on them.…When I was flipping through my Rolodex…
- Reusing functions
- Local vs. global variables
- Creating and naming custom objects
- Class inheritance
- Modules and packages
- Multidimensional lists and tuples
- Queues and stacks
- Creating and combining sets
- Storing data in dictionaries
- If/else and switch statements
- For vs. while loops
- Error handling
- Polling and event-driven programming
Skill Level Beginner
Programming Foundations: Design Patternswith Elisabeth Robson2h 19m Intermediate
3. Class Inheritance
4. Modules and Packages
5. Lists and Tuples
6. Queues and Stacks
9. Conditional Execution
11. Error Handling
12. Polling and Event-Driven Programming
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.