Understand the difference between fixed and resizable arrays and how to use resizable arrays in various programming languages. Learn how arrays resize themselves and the basic operations of a dynamic array.
- Some languages let you resize basic arrays…and others do not.…When I say resize I mean that you are able…to add additional elements and not just interchange values…within a specific set of slots.…For example, in Java and C++…once a basic array is created it cannot be resized.…This means if you create an array with seven slots,…or an array that can store seven items,…then it will always have seven slots.…You cannot change the array to have six slots…or eight slots or any other number for that matter.…
But when at mean here is we can…
- Data types: Booleans, numbers, strings, and more
- Multidimensional arrays
- Jagged arrays
- Search and sort arrays
- Linked lists
- Stacks and queues
- Hash functions and hash tables
- Trees and graphs
Skill Level Intermediate
Understand data structures1m 25s
1. Introduction to Data Structures
4. Stacks and Queues
5. Hash-Based Data Structures
6. Trees and Graphs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.