In this video, learn how to read text files using Python.
- [Instructor] In this chapter, … we will explore reading data into a corpus and exploring it. … The code samples are available in the notebook … zero two XX reading data dot ipynb. … For exercises in this course, … we use a file called Spark Course Description dot text. … This is available as part of your course material. … Let us explore its content. … It contains description of a course on Apache Spark. … All text data needed for processing have to be acquired … from a data source. … In this code example, we will read a text file … into a python variable. … This is standard python and does not use the NLTK library. … We read the Spark Course Description dot txt … into a variable called file data … and then we print the first 200 characters of the file. … Let us run the code now. … In general, data can be acquired from various sources, … including files, databases, or strings. … There are several python packages and tools … that help to get data from these sources. … We do not intend to focus on those areas in this course. …
- Text mining today
- Reading text files using Python
- Cleansing text data
- Build n-grams databases for text predictions
- Preparing TF-IDF matrices for machine learning
- Scaling text processing for performance