Another commonly taught language in introductory programming courses is Java. Note the differences between Python and Java.
- Python and Java … are two commonly used programming languages, … and I want to help point out … some key differences between the two. … Python's design has an explicit emphasis … on code readability, while Java's design emphasizes … on minimal implementation dependencies. … And Python makes it easy to keep the code base clean, … readable, and concise. … The programmers put in more effort … to keep Java code organized and maintainable. … And both Python and Java … are high-level programming languages. … Python is relatively easier … for those who are beginners to programming, … and Python is just easier to pick up. … Meanwhile, Java has a steeper learning curve. … Now developers use operating system specific … Python interpreters to execute Python code directly. … Meanwhile, executing Java code … involves a two step process. … First, you compile your Java program, … which encodes the source code into a type of machine code … called byte code. … Then, you run your program, … which converts the byte code …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- What is Python?
- Strengths and benefits of Python
- Types of data
- Storing data using variables
- Built-in and custom functions
- Lists and tuples
- Conditional statements
- Iteration with loops
- Recursive functions
- Object-oriented programming
Skill Level Beginner
Learning the Python 3 Standard Librarywith Kathryn Hodge2h 9m Intermediate
Python Standard Library Essential Trainingwith Joe Marini2h 18m Intermediate
1. Defining Python
2. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Data
3. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Functions
4. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Sequences
5. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Conditional Statements
6. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Iteration
7. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Recursion
Define recursive functions6m 13s
8. Quick Intro to Object-Oriented Programming in Python
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.