- [Instructor] Once you've been programming…for some length of time, you quickly come to the realization…that code gets read a lot more often than it gets written.…In other words, developers spend a significant amount…of time working on code that has already been written,…either by themselves or by someone else.…By adhering to a consistent programming style,…you can make your job,…as well as the jobs of your colleagues, a lot easier.…The Python Foundation has a series…of Python Enhancement Proposals, or PEPs,…which you can find on the Python.org site…in the Developer Guide.…
We're going to take a look…at some of the guidelines specified by PEP eight,…which is the Style Guide for Python Code…and can be found at this link.…Now, obviously, following this guide is not required.…You can write your Python code however you want,…as long as it has valid syntax.…But by following this guide,…you'll make your code a lot easier to maintain…and update down the road, even if it's by you.…If you open the guide and scroll down a little bit,…
- Truth value testing
- Template strings
- Advanced Python functions
- Advanced collections
- Advanced classes and objects
- Python comprehensions: list, dictionary, and set
Skill Level Advanced
1. Python Language Features
2. Built-In Functions
3. Advanced Python Functions
4. Advanced Collections
5. Advanced Classes and Objects
6. Using Logging
7. Python Comprehensions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.