This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Getting set up on Mac and Windows
- Python data types
- Creating variables and functions
- Building your first loop
- Creating if and if-else statements
- Writing your first Python project
- Learning more about Python
Skill Level Beginner
- Learning to code can feel really scary and daunting. You might think you need to be a math wiz or be able to build a computer from scratch in your bedroom. While those are awesome skills, it's definitely not required. In fact, the truth is, it's easy to learn to code, and Python is a great place to start. It's also a lot of fun. If you're creative and you like solving problems, you can use Python to do all sorts of interesting things, and that's what I want to teach you in this course. My name is Julie.
In this course, I'm going to show you how to get started working with Python. You'll start writing Python code right away by learning some basic data types. You'll then learn how to keep your code organized and less repetitive with variables and functions. Then, you'll learn to automate repetitive behavior using lists and loops, and get Python to make decisions based on data. Finally, I'll help you build your first project in Python using a built-in drawing feature called Turtle to draw a picture. So, if you're ready to dive into Python, let's go.