This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- What is Python?
- Strengths and benefits of Python
- Types of data
- Storing data using variables
- Built-in and custom functions
- Lists and tuples
- Conditional statements
- Iteration with loops
- Recursive functions
- Object-oriented programming
Skill Level Beginner
- There is no better time to learn programming and no better time to learn Python. Python is a powerful programming language and continues to grow in popularity. And when you take time to learn Python, you're opening doors that can advance your career. My name is Lavanya Vijayan. I'm a coding instructor and an advocate for STEM education. In this course, I'll help you get started learning Python. I'll show you how Python stacks up to other programming languages, and give you a step-by-step guide for setting up your Python environment. Throughout the course, I'll help you learn data types, variables, functions, conditional statements, sequences, iteration, recursion, and even a quick look at object-oriented programming in Python. By the end of this course, you'll feel confident and ready to begin programming. So, let's get started.
Learning the Python 3 Standard Librarywith Kathryn Hodge2h 9m Intermediate
Python Standard Library Essential Trainingwith Joe Marini2h 18m Intermediate
1. Defining Python
2. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Data
3. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Functions
4. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Sequences
5. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Conditional Statements
6. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Iteration
7. Fundamentals of Programming in Python: Recursion
Define recursive functions6m 13s
8. Quick Intro to Object-Oriented Programming in Python
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.