- Designing efficient loops
- Exploiting Python collections
- Writing Pythonic code
- Choosing the best libraries for your tasks
- Downloading webpages with requests
- Parsing HTML with Beautiful Soup
- Manipulating images with Pillow
- Making videos and drawing on maps with matplotlib
- Serving webpages with Jinja2 and Flask
- Working with Python classes
- Taking advantage of functional techniques
- Profiling CPU and memory use
- Exploiting parallelism
Skill Level Intermediate
- You have learned the basics of Python and you love the language because it's friendly and pragmatic. Now you want to become a productive Python programmer who can develop efficient, elegant code in an efficient, agile manner. This course is for you. My name is Michele Vallisneri and I will show you how to cut down on your development time by writing more expressive and concise Python code and by using the most powerful features of the language. In this course I will discuss how you can select and take advantage of the strongest third party packages.
I will introduce you to object oriented and functional programming which you will need to take your coding skills to the next level. I'll recommend the best strategies to improve the performance of your code. We will do all of this while working through examples that highlight just how much you can achieve with a few lines of Python. We will make 3D images and movies with photographs taken by NASA's Rover on Mars and we'll map the Rover's progress through Martial topography. We'll implement a simple graphical programming language and we'll draw and paint beautiful fractals.
So, let's get started.
1. Installation and Setup
Jupyter notebooks3m 19s
2. Writing Python Efficiently
3. Exploiting Python Libraries
4. Advanced: Python Object-Oriented and Functional Programming
5. Introduction to Performance Optimization in Python
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.