Learn how to install OpenCV and import it specifically with Python 3. On a historical note, OpenCV 3 is relatively new and is more slowly being adopted, but by installing and learning the latest version, you will be better equipped to utilize updates and improvements to the library.
- [Instructor] This chapter is dedicated…to walking through the full Python Three…and OpenCV installation process.…On a historical note, OpenCV Three…is a relatively new and more slowly being adopted,…as is Python Three.…By installing and learning the latest version,…yours will be able to be equipped to better utilize…updates and improvements to library over time.…Based on what system you are using,…you can watch the according install steps.…Note, that if you need or want to compile OpenCV Three…from its source code yourself,…even on a Mac or perhaps on another…system like an embedded processor,…you should watch the Linux install videos.…
This builds the OpenCV library from the source code,…although some steps may be specific to Linux itself.…If you run into any troubles, you can certainly look…online for additional help.…But, be mindful that many sites and resources…are tailored specifically for installing OpenCV Two…or, possibly, Python version 2.7.…If you already have OpenCV Three and Python Three installed,…
AuthorPatrick W. Crawford
- Installing and configuring OpenCV
- Data types and structures
- Image types
- Manipulating pixels
- Scaling and rotating images
- Using video inputs
- Creating custom interfaces
- Object detection
- Face and feature detection
- Template matching
Skill Level Intermediate
NumPy Data Science Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly3h 54m Intermediate
Python: Programming Efficientlywith Michele Vallisneri2h 15m Intermediate
1. Install and Configure OpenCV
2. Basic Image Operations
3. Object Detection
4. Face and Feature Detection
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.