Use PyOpenGL to create a GUI. While OpenGL can create truly amazing images in true 3D, we'll run into some challenges along the way. You can discuss how to work around these challenges.
- [Instructor] Hey there.…Welcome to another section…of Python GUI programming solutions.…Creating amazing 3D GUIs…with PyOpenGL and Pyglet.…In the previous section, we used the WX Python library.…In this section, we'll see how PyOpenGL…transforms our GUI.…Then, we'll create a GUI in 3D.…After that, we'll see how easily…Pyglet transforms our GUI…as compared to PyOpenGL.…
Finally, we'll create a slideshow using tkinter,…and use another library called pillow.…In this video, we will create a Python GUI that imports…PyOpenGL modules, and does actually work.…First, we have to install the PyOpenGL extension module.…After successfully installing the PyOpenGL modules,…that match our OS architecture,…we will create some example code.…In order to do so, we need to overcome…some initial challenges.…
This video will show one proven way that does work.…If you experiment on your own, and get stuck,…remember the famous words from Thomas A Edison,…"I have not failed.…"I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."…We will install the PyOpenGL package.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.