Pyglet comes with its own event loop processing power, which enables us to avoid having to rely on yet another library to create a running Python GUI. Learn how to use it.
- [Instructor] In the previous video,…we looked at creating 3D GUIs.…This video discusses how Pyglet…transforms our GUI more easily than PyOpenGL.…In this video, we will explore the official website…that shows us how to install…and use this fantastic GUI library.…We will then use this framework…to create a simple GUI and then enhance it to 3D.…
We will also add some fancy colors to it.…Pyglet is easier to use than PyOpenGL,…as it comes with its own GUI event loop…so we do not need to use TkInter…or wxPython to create our GUI.…In order to use Pyglet, we first have to install…this third-party Python plugin.…We can download it from the same official website…where we downloaded PyOpenGL.…Select the version based on your Python version.…
After it's done downloading,…we can easily install the library using the Pip command.…A successful installation looks like this…in our Site-Packages Python folder.…Nice!…The online documentation for this library…is located at this site, pyglet.readthedocs.io.…You could refer to it for any information that you need.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.