Join Jungwoo Ryoo for an in-depth discussion in this video Proxy, part of Design Patterns with Python.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Proxy becomes handy when creating an object…that is very resource intensive.…The problem we need to solve here…is to postpone our object creation…as long as possible,…due to the resource intensive nature…of the object we're creating.…Therefore, there is a need for a placeholder…which will in turn create the object…if its creation is absolutely necessary.…So here is our scenario.…So in our scenario,…we create this instance of the Producer class…only when he's available,…because only a fixed number of Producer objects…can exist at a given time.…
Our Proxy in this case is an artist…who is checking to see if the Producer…becomes available for a guest.…In the Proxy design pattern…clients interact with a Proxy object…most of the time until…the resource intensive object becomes available.…Therefore, the Proxy object is in charge…of creating the resource intensive objects.…Adapter and Decorator are related…to the Proxy design pattern.…
- Understanding design patterns
- Best design practices: consistency, completeness, and correctness
- Working with creational patterns
- Working with structural patterns
- Working with behavioral patterns
Skill Level Intermediate
Foundations of Programming: Design Patternswith Elisabeth Robson2h 19m Intermediate
1. Understanding Design Patterns
2. Creational Patterns
3. Structural Patterns
4. Behavioral Patterns
5. Design Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.