Join Jungwoo Ryoo for an in-depth discussion in this video Practitioner's perspective: Development, part of Python: Advanced Design Patterns.
- [Instructor] Have you noticed that…a majority of Gang of Four patterns we covered…in this course are behavioral in their classification?…In fact, except for Facade,…the command Interpreter, Mediator, Memento,…State, and Template method patterns…are all behavioral design patterns.…Although we cover a lot in this course,…I'd like to let you know that what I manage to go over…is still the tip of the iceberg.…
I strategically identified…all the major design pattern topics…to give you an initial exposure,…but you, as a proactive learner,…need to take the initiative to drill down on…each of these topical areas…and take your knowledge to the next level.…In particular, the behavioral patterns we cover…in this course are things you can put to use immediately…because they are highly applicable to…what you have to do on a daily basis.…
Many of the repetitive tasks you conduct every day…are behavioral in nature…and are prime targets for automation…through Python scripting.…My hope is that you will look at these automation…
- Architectural vs. design patterns
- Why use design patterns?
- Design best practices
- Domain-specific patterns and security patterns
- Gang of Four design patterns
- Command, Mediator, and State
- Template method
Skill Level Advanced
Learning Python and Django (2015)with Caleb Smith1h 11m Intermediate
Programming Foundations: Design Patternswith Elisabeth Robson2h 19m Intermediate
1. Understanding Design Patterns: Review
2. Design Best Practices
3. Gang of Four (GoF) Patterns, Part 1
4. Gang of Four (GoF) Patterns, Part 2
Next steps1m 26s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.