So far, you have used the default Matplotlib GUI. Now You can find out how to create some Tkinter GUIs using Matplotlib.
- [Narrator] In the previous video…we created our first chart.…In this video, we're going to create tkinterGUIs…using matplotlib.…We will position labels on to both the horizontal…as well as the vertical axis.…We will also learn how to use subplots,…which will enable us to draw more than one graph…in the same window.…We will require a few more lines of Python code…and importing some more libraries…and it is well worth the effort…because we are gaining control of our paintings…using canvasses.…
By creating a matplotlib figure…upon which we will draw,…we will position our labels onto the X and Y axis.…With the necessary Python modules installed…and knowing where to find the official online documentation…and tutorials,…we can now carry on with our creation of matplotlib charts.…While plot is the easiest way to create a matplotlib chart…using figure in combination with Canvas…creates a more custom-made graph…which looks much better…and also enables us to add buttons…and other widgets to it.…
So here's the code for our chart…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
Python GUI Development with Tkinterwith Barron Stone4h 55m Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.