As your GUI code increases in complexity, you want to separate the GUI components from the business logic, separating them out into different modules. This is what we'll do in this video.
- [Instructor] In the previous video,…we've started to use queues.…This video will talk about passing queues…among different modules.…In this video, we will pass instances of a queue…from our main GUI thread to other Python modules,…which will enable us to write the ScrolledText widget…from another module while keeping our GUI responsive.…In this video, we will pass queues…around different modules.…As our GUI code increases in complexity,…we want to separate the GUI components…from the business logic.…
Separating them out into different modules.…Modularization gives us code reuse, and also,…makes the code more readable.…Once the data to be displayed in our GUI…comes from different data sources,…we will face latency issues, which is what queues solve.…By passing instances of queues…among different Python modules,…we're separating the different concerns…of the modules functionalities.…The GUI code ideally would only be concerned…with creating and displaying widgets.…
The business logic's modules job is…to only to the business logic.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating buttons and widgets
- Adding labels and features
- Expanding a GUI dynamically
- Aligning frames and embedding frames
- Creating menu bars, message boxes, and tooltips
- Using module-level global variables
- Coding in classes
- Using Matplotlib to create charts
- Working with multiple threads, queues, and TCP/IP
- Using URLOpen to read data from websites
- Localizing a GUI and preparing for internationalization
- Testing a GUI using unit tests and Eclipse PyDev IDE
- Using the wxPython library
- Using Tkinter, PyOpenGL, and Pyglet
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the GUI Form and Adding Widgets
2. Layout Management
3. Look and Feel Customization
4. Data and Classes
Using the StringVar() type8m 14s
5. Matplotlib Charts
6. Threads and Networking
7. Storing Data in Our MySQL Database via Our GUI
8. Internationalization and Testing
9. Extending Our GUI with the wxPython Library
10. Creating Amazing 3D GUIs with PyOpenGL and Pyglet
11. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.