In this video, learn how to tag parts of speech in Python.
- [Instructor] The next text mining technique … we review in this video is parts of speech tagging. … Parts of speech tagging involves identifying … the part of speech for each word in a given corpus. … POS tagging uses an NLTK package … that classifies a given word. … The POS is tagged with abbreviations like NN for a noun, … VBP for verb singular present, and JJ for adjective. … POS tagging is used for entity recognition, … filtering data, and sentiment analysis. … It is also used in advanced applications like chat bots. … Now let us review the code. … POS tagging is supported in NLTK using … the averaged perceptor tagger feature. … First, we download the … averaged_perceptron_tagger package from NLTK. … Using this library is simple. … We just call the POS tag method with a list of words … and it provides the POS tag for each of those words. … We pass the first 10 words in the token list … and we will see the POS tag printed out. … Let us execute this code now and review the results. …
- Text mining today
- Reading text files using Python
- Cleansing text data
- Build n-grams databases for text predictions
- Preparing TF-IDF matrices for machine learning
- Scaling text processing for performance