In this video, learn how to tag parts of speech in Python.
- [Instructor] The next text mining technique … we review in this video is parts of speech tagging. … Parts of speech tagging involves identifying … the part of speech for each word in a given corpus. … POS tagging uses an NLTK package … that classifies a given word. … The POS is tagged with abbreviations like NN for a noun, … VBP for verb singular present, and JJ for adjective. … POS tagging is used for entity recognition, … filtering data, and sentiment analysis. … It is also used in advanced applications like chat bots. … Now let us review the code. … POS tagging is supported in NLTK using … the averaged perceptor tagger feature. … First, we download the … averaged_perceptron_tagger package from NLTK. … Using this library is simple. … We just call the POS tag method with a list of words … and it provides the POS tag for each of those words. … We pass the first 10 words in the token list … and we will see the POS tag printed out. … Let us execute this code now and review the results. …
- Text mining today
- Reading text files using Python
- Cleansing text data
- Build n-grams databases for text predictions
- Preparing TF-IDF matrices for machine learning
- Scaling text processing for performance
Skill Level Intermediate
Processing Text with R Essential Trainingwith Kumaran Ponnambalam55m 57s Intermediate
1. Text Mining
2. Reading Text
3. Text Cleansing and Extraction
4. Advanced Text Processing
5. Best Practices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.