Learn how to parse HTML when scraping the web.
- Let's look at working with parsed data in Beautiful Soup.…I've broken the demonstration today into three sections.…Parsing data, getting data from a parse tree,…and searching and retrieving data from a parse tree.…Parsing data is where you pass an HTML or XML document…to a Beautiful Soup constructor.…The constructor converts the document to Unicode…and then parses it with a built-in HTML parser.…Well, HTML parser by default.…Looking closer at searching and retrieving data,…I'm going to show you the find_all method,…and this method searches a tag and its descendants…to retrieve tags or strings that match your filters.…
There are several methods…for searching and filtering a parse tree.…The ones that I'm going to show you today…are the name argument, keyword argument,…string argument, lists, Boolean values,…strings, and regular expressions.…You can pass any of these arguments…into the find_all method to use as filters…and return either strings or tags.…I'll show you in our demo.…Data parsing is super simple with Beautiful Soup,…
AuthorLillian Pierson, P.E.
- Getting started with Jupyter Notebooks
- Visualizing data: basic charts, time series, and statistical plots
- Preparing for analysis: treating missing values and data transformation
- Data analysis basics: arithmetic, summary statistics, and correlation analysis
- Outlier analysis: univariate, multivariate, and linear projection methods
- Introduction to machine learning
- Basic machine learning methods: linear and logistic regression, Naïve Bayes
- Reducing dataset dimensionality with PCA
- Clustering and classification: k-means, hierarchical, and k-NN
- Simulating a social network with NetworkX
- Creating Plot.ly charts
- Scraping the web with Beautiful Soup
Skill Level Beginner
1. Data Munging Basics
2. Data Visualization Basics
3. Basic Math and Statistics
4. Dimensionality Reduction
Explanatory factor analysis6m 39s
5. Outlier Analysis
6. Cluster Analysis
7. Network Analysis with NetworkX
8. Basic Algorithmic Learning
9. Web-based Data Visualizations with Plotly
10. Web Scraping with Beautiful Soup
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.